Here are the steps to connect a PS4 controller to a PC:
- Make sure your PC has Bluetooth capability. If it doesn’t, you will need to purchase a Bluetooth adapter.
- Turn on your PS4 controller by pressing the PS button in the center of the controller.
- On your PC, go to the Bluetooth settings and make sure the feature is turned on.
- In the Bluetooth settings, click on “Add Bluetooth Device.”
- Press and hold the Share button and the PS button on the PS4 controller until the light bar starts flashing. This will put the controller into pairing mode.
- Your PC should now detect the PS4 controller. Click on the controller to pair it with your PC.
- If prompted, enter the pairing code for the controller. The default code is 0000.
- Once the controller is paired, it should be ready to use with your PC. You may need to install additional software or drivers to ensure the controller is fully functional.
Note: Some games on PC may not support PS4 controller, in that case you can use a software like DS4Windows to emulate an Xbox controller.
Bluetooth adapters to connect PS4 controller to PC
3 best Bluetooth adapters for PC PS4 controller
There are a few options for Bluetooth adapters that can be used to connect a PS4 controller to a PC. Some popular choices include:
- The official Sony Wireless Adaptor: This adapter is designed specifically for use with PS4 controllers and is available on the official PlayStation website.
- The 8BitDo Wireless Bluetooth Adapter: This adapter is designed for use with a variety of controllers, including the PS4 controller, and is available on Amazon.
- The Mayflash Magic NS Wireless Controller Adapter: This adapter is compatible with multiple platforms, including the PS4 and PC, and is available on Amazon.
It’s recommended to read reviews and compare the features of each adapter before making a decision.